Monday, June 27, 2005

Ode to the nice guy

This is something a friend sent me after we had this whole conversation about someone I described as a "nice" guy. She had this wry smile on her face and told me she will send me this write up. She kept her promise and here it is. I think it is a very well written piece and though humorous,drives home the point quite well..:)

http://www.stwing.upenn.edu/~jenf/writing/rant04.html

(I am not sure if I can reproduce it here because its from a journal)

There are female equivalents of nice guys too. The type who constantly get described as "oh she is a guy" or "you should have been born a guy!!" and though at different levels, these nice girls go through about the same as the nice guys! What say?

13 comments:

TheLaddoo said...

:)) hilarious

Aditya Bidikar said...

Fabulous.

Raju PP said...

lol!!! nice write-up... just a few days back i had a similar kinda thing in my blog, but that was about girls... i got a lot of negative comments, now i know y... i should have used "NICE GIRLS" instead of girls :-s
Too late to regret :(... lol!!

sensiblystoned said...

I wish I could say "atlast somebody sits up and notices" but that would be too pretentious ;)
I refer to the nice gals as "oh, shes one among the guys". Thanks for bringing it to our notice.

Rhapsoder said...

nice :-).

Zeppelin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Zeppelin said...

Hi Misha,

came here though ORKUT..

awesome post.. I always believed life ain't fair... but i guess it is not so always.... :)

cheers!
Arun

Anonymous said...

lol

You're utterly and totally mishtaken. The nice girls, while getting the labels you described, are infinitely luckier - the law of supply & demand. Nice guys rarely hook up, while there's a reasonable demand for the nice girls.

No prizes guessing who talks to oneself and sleeps every night :)

Sad but true

m. said...

i never held with that trash of "you never know the worth of what you have until youve lost it"... this is certainly a kick in the pants to remind us of all the times that people did forget :)

m. said...

sorry.. forgot to add: im GLAD that you added that bit about the nice women before the stereotype of aww-poor-guy got built! :)

Swarup said...

Are you really a daughter of a honest parents???

I have some confusion ...

Dileepan said...

Ha ha ha!

Chaits said...

True...really true!!
Hats-off to the writer and those nice-guys too!!