Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Footprints on my sand

The other day,I was listening to one of my favorite songs "Kaneerae Kaneerae" from the movie Uyire for the nth time. This time , however, was a little different because I paid attention to the lyrics . To cut a long story short, there are two lines in the second paragraph :

unnoadu naan kanda bandham
mannoadu mazhai konda sondham
kaayndhaalum adi eeram enjum

( This bond I have with you is like that of rain and the earth, the dampness beneath never dries)

Very simply put but these words kindle so many emotions! At once, one remembers all those friends that one has left behind or with whom one has lost touch and starts feeling thankful for the friends one has now!!

I know its beginning to sound like one of those forwards which tells you , you must call that friend 'cos tomorrow s/he may be dead!! So i will stop here before it gets more sugary.

But to everybody...thanks..:)

7 comments:

Tensor said...

hi,
What the hell happened??
:)

M. said...

@ woooaaaaw
cut the eye roll and the dumb grin..I can so see it.

@ tensor
poetry does that to me....nothing happened really..:D

Raju PP said...

its always those simple things in life which pricks hard :)
BTW, i dunno how i ended up reading ur blog, never mind, interesting one though :)

Rhapsoder said...

oh.. you don't have to thank me. I know that I am the reason behind anything good that's happened in your life... I'm modesty personified and don't like all this thanking business.. ;-)

sensiblystoned said...

Isnt it funny that sometimes the song that you hear everyday seems to have a new meaning when you suddenly pay more attention to its words. Have you listened to "Turn the page" by metallica. It just goes to show that rock and metal is more than headbanging and bass. Someday soon Im planning to write about rock music as a tangent of poetry, lets see!!! Until then, keep your ears open to the words!!!

M. said...

@rajendra
Thanks for visiting , ya simple things do leave lasting impressions!

@manu
solluve ni !!! actually paaka pona u r right........in comparison most things in life do look really good..:D

@ss
I dont care much for rock music....kinda noisy for me but I happen to like metallica...more so 'cos of the lyrics..:)

Eroteme said...

Nice one... Very nice lyrics. Never heard the song but the lyrics sorta sound familiar. Clueless about why it reminds of the songs from Punnagai Mannan...